National Committeewoman Candidate
Aloha Fellow Democrats!
My name is Kainoa Kaumeheiwa-Rego and I humbly ask for your vote for National Committeewoman.
My mission is simple:
- Work tirelessly to elect the next Democratic President of the United States of America;
- Collaborate with the Party Chair, Vice Chair and National Committeeman to ensure Hawaii’s voice is heard and our needs are addressed by the Democratic National Committee; and
- Work with the Party Chair, State Central Committee, and Fundraising Committee to craft and implement a successful fundraising strategy
Since joining the Democratic Party of Hawaiʻi in 2015, I have been entrusted with serving in various leadership positions, including:
- State Treasurer, Democratic Party of Hawaiʻi
- Senate District 12 Representative, State Central Committee (SCC)
- Hawaiian Affairs Caucus Representative, SCC
- Vice President, Young Democrats of America (YDA)
- Director, Pacific Region, Young Democrats of America
- President, Young Democrats of Hawaiʻi (YDHI)
- YDHI National Committeewoman, Young Democrats of America
I spent my time with YDHI planning and executing fundraising strategies to facilitate our goals and representing YDHI as its National Committeewoman to YDA. While serving on the YDA National Committee I forged relationships with similarly hard-working and committed Young Democrats across the nation; some of whom currently serve as the National Committeemen and National Committeewomen of their respective states and YDA.
I was later elected by my peers to sit on the SCC as a Representative for Senate District 12 which started my leadership journey within the Party. During my most recent term on the SCC, I served as the SCC Representative for the Hawaiian Affairs Caucus and as Treasurer of the Party.
As Treasurer I dedicated my time and effort to creating a finance system that was simple, free and would be easy to pass on to the next Chair and Treasurer. The system includes a caging process to receive and record each contribution and thoroughly vet them for compliance, a free mechanism by which to monitor and record expenditures, and coding to utilize all that data to keep a real time accounting of the budget, thereby making reporting to the SCC far less strenuous on the Party. The system is still in use today.
I believe my strong work ethic, national network and dedication to this party make me a great choice for National Committeewoman. That’s why I am asking for the honor and privilege of your vote and support of my candidacy.
Mahalo nui loa for your consideration. If you have any questions or would like to talk-story, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or to give me a call at 808-497-4629. Stay healthy and be safe!
Candidate, National Committeewoman